Create a Product Group
This tutorial will show you how to create a new ‘Product Group’ that you can use to organise and categorise your products in your system.
- Open the ‘Menu’ in the top right corner of the application
- Go to ‘Products’
- Click on ‘Product Groups’, the product group overview page will open
- Click on the ‘+’ icon, the configuration window will open.
- Give the group a name, for this example we will go with ‘Drinks’
- If you want this group to show on your cash report (if it includes products that are for sale), make sure to enable the option ‘Print on report’
- Press ‘Save’ to save the configuration.
Your product group is now ready to be used. If you would like to know how to assign products to a product group, please refer to the tutorial Create a simple product.
There are some extra options available for a product group.
- Parent Product Group: This allows you to create nested groups. In this example, we created the group ‘Drinks’. Let’s say you want to split your drinks in ‘Cold Drinks’ and ‘Hot Drinks’. You will have to create two new Product Groups (Cold Drinks and Hot Drinks) and select the ‘Drinks’ group as the ‘Parent Product Group’. The structure of the groups will be:
- Drinks (Parent)
- Cold Drinks (child)
- Hot Drinks (child)
- Drinks (Parent)
- Site: This option is only for Multi-Center clients
- Print Routing: This option allows you to print extra tickets on different printers than the default Sales Ticket Printer. Think about food products where you want to print a seperate ticket on a printer in the kitchen for your cook.
- Membership Discount: If enabled, all memberships in the system that give a discount will have the right to get a discount on each product in this group.
- Sequence: The order of the groups on the Cash Report.
- Discounts: Here you can configure a % discount for each seperate Membership
You must log in to post a comment.