How to configure online booking general header
As you can read in following Devblog post: Custom Online Booking Header and Footer, the system has the capability to display a general header message. Perfect to share a message to your end users!
Configuration is a piece of cake! Follow these steps and you should be able to create your own header message in no time:
- Open the menu
- Click on ‘Communication’
- Click in the new submenu on ‘Communication’
- Click on ‘WebPages’
You will get an overview of all configured webpages in the system (contact page, opening hours page, …)
Create the general header
Next step is to generate the header:
- Click on ‘+’
- Choose for ‘Add empty page’
- Fill in the ‘Title’ field
- Select the correct Kind (OnlineBookingGeneralHeader)
- Image and Parent fields are not used in this case
- Fill in the content. Make sure to use decent HTML content here, because the header requires a bit of styling.
If you would like to use a general HTML template, you can copy and paste following code to get started!
You can change the background color by adapting the background-color:orange part to any color you’d prefer. The actual content of the header is included in the <p> tags.<div style=”font-size:20px;background-color:orange; padding:20px;”>
<p>Due to circumstances we are currently closed. Please have a look on our <a href=”#”>website</a> for the latest info.</p>
<p>Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to see you back soon!</p>
- Click on “Save” in the bottom right corner.
- Give the system a bit of time to synchronise your changes to the Online Booking platform and you should be able to see the header.
Note: the header image can be closed with the ‘X’ button on the top right hand side. If the end user closes the message, it will not appear anymore for certain amount of time. This is to not disturb your high returning customers.
You must log in to post a comment.